All technician trainee applicants must submit:
1. A completed application and fee (see fee information below).
2. Proof of legal residency and birth date. Provide a copy of one (1) of the following:
□ An Arizona driver license issued after 1996 or an Arizona non-operating identification license.
□ A driver license issued by a state that verifies lawful presence in the United States.
□ A birth certificate or delayed birth certificate issued in any state, territory or possession of the United States.
□ A United States certificate of birth abroad.
□ A United States passport. ***Passport must be signed***
□ A foreign passport with a United States visa.
□ An I-94 form with a photograph.
□ A United States citizenship and immigration services employment authorization document or refugee travel document.
□ A United States certificate of naturalization.
□ A United States certificate of citizenship.
□ A tribal certificate of Indian blood.
□ A tribal or bureau of Indian affairs affidavit of birth.
□ Any other license that is issued by the federal government, any other state government, an agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state that requires proof of citizenship or lawful alien status before issuing the license.
NOTE: If your birth date does not appear on the document you provide to prove your legal residency, you will be required to submit an additional document to prove you meet the age requirement.
3. If the document you submit to prove your legal residency does not contain a photograph, you must also provide a government issued document that contains your photograph. Provide a copy of one (1) of the following:
□ Driver license
□ State ID
□ Passport or Passport Card
4. Proof of high school graduation or its equivalent. Provide a copy of one (1) of the following:
□ High school diploma
□ High school transcripts showing graduation date
□ A letter from the School District, School Board or Department of Education, on their letterhead, indicating the date of high school graduation.
□ GED certificate
□ GED test results
□ College diploma showing attainment of an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree
□ College transcripts showing that an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree was conferred NOTE: An accredited translator must translate foreign documents into English.
5. A copy of a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
□ If you have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card, submit a copy.
□ To obtain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card, you may apply online at http://fieldprintarizona.com/. Select the Regular Application - Paid Employee, and then select the Board of Pharmacy - Licensure. The statutory reference for our agency is A.R.S. § 32-1904. Submit a copy of the card once you receive it.
□ Applicants who are not in Arizona must contact DPS for an application packet. You may contact DPS by calling 602.223.2279. DPS office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
□ For more information, please review DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card Frequently Asked Questions at http://www.azdps.gov/services/fingerprint/
6. Documentation of any name changes. Acceptable documents include:
□ Marriage License
□ Divorce Decree (showing restoration of previous name)
□ Court Order
7. If applicable, court documentation relating to any arrests, charges, or convictions involving a misdemeanor or felony, even if the charge or conviction was later dismissed, expunged or set aside or your civil rights were restored. If records are unavailable, the Board will accept a letter from the appropriate court, on their letterhead, indicating that records are not available.
8. If applicable, documentation relating to any past, current or pending disciplinary action of any professional or occupational license. If records are unavailable, the Board will accept a letter from the related agency, on their letterhead, indicating that records are not available.
9. If applicable, documentation relating to the denial of any applications for professional or occupational licensure. If records are unavailable, the Board will accept a letter from the related agency, on their letterhead, indicating that records are not available.
The technician trainee license application fee is $46.00. The application fee may be paid by credit or debit card online. If you wish to pay by check or money order, you may apply by mail or in person. Application fees are NONREFUNDABLE.
Only complete applications, with all required documentation, are accepted at the Board office. Please bring copies of all required documentation with you if apply in person.