The Arizona State Board of Pharmacy protects the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Arizona by regulating the practice of pharmacy and the manufacturing, distribution, sale and storage of prescription medications and devices and non-prescription medications.
The Board accomplishes its mission by:
- Issuing licenses to pharmacists, pharmacy interns and pharmacy technicians,
- Issuing permits to pharmacies, manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and third party logistics providers (3PLs),
- Conducting compliance inspections of permitted facilities, and
- Investigating complaints & adjudicating violations of applicable state and federal laws and rules.
- Promulgating and reviewing state rules and regulations.